Where is Connections located?
What is a visit at Connections like?
How do you provide a safe atmosphere?
What are the hours and cost?
Why do I have to pay to see my child?
Can I bring my girlfriend/boyfriend/child’s grandparent to the visit?
What training or certification is held by the supervisors?
How do I get more information?
Connections is at 500 W. Main St. in Centralia. We are located on the 2nd floor of the brick building that houses Edward Jones, Liberty Tax, and Keysar Spa on the 1st floor. On the weekends we prefer that you access our services through the back door easily seen from the parking lot. Once you reach the top of the stairs, turn right to the end of the hallway to check in at our office.
The Connections room is set up like a cozy living room. In some cases, parents like to bring familiar activities to do with their child. We also have a variety of child-centered activities available, such as games, books, art supplies, videos/dvds, and toys for a variety of ages.
There are a number of ways we protect the safety of the children in our care:
- We conduct an in-depth interview with each of the parents before visits are scheduled.
- Each parent must sign and receive a copy of our Memorandum of Understanding of Connections Policies. Violation of policies may result in termination of services.
- Drop-off and pick-up times are staggered so the parents will not come in contact with each other.
- During visits, there are always two Staff members in the building, and exit doors are secured.
- A supervisor is with the children at all times, and supervised parents are never alone with their children.
- Our supervisors take notes during all visits, and complete a detailed report. Reports are available to the courts and/or attorneys.
Connections is open 7 days a week by appointment. The cost will depend on various factors, such as length of visit, number of children, etc.
Connections is not an arm of the court or an agency of the state so we rely on fees. We attempt to keep our fees low but adequate to maintain the program. Additionally, we find that all parties place a higher value on the opportunity and those providing it if there is some monetary investment.
Not unless specified by the court. The purpose of the visit is for the parent and child to have an opportunity to build relationship in a protected, comfortable environment.
Connections belongs to a worldwide supervised visitation network and maintains the training and procedures necessary to retain membership in good standing with SVN.
You’re welcome to call our office at 360-623-8061, or click here to request information via email.